Clinton-Macomb Public Library calculated the average cost of
various library services in an effort to demonstrate the monetary value your
local library provides to you. Need assistance in maximizing the value
of your library card? Our professional librarians are available to
assist you 71 hours per week in person, by phone, fax, email or instant
messaging. Whether it is to recommend a good book to read or locate a
wiring diagram for your car, we look forward to serving you soon!
- On the left, enter the number of times per month
you use each service.
- The estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
- The monetary value was calculated
in the following way:
- Books, music CDs
& audio books borrowed, as well as magazines
the average cost to purchase these items in hard copy or electronic format.
- Movies borrowed:
the average cost of a movie rental in the area
- Online resources
the average cost for access to online databases
- Programs attended:
the average cost of adult and children's programs
- Computer &
wireless internet use:
the average charge at retail businesses
- Items we
deliveryed to you from
other Michigan libraries (through MeLCat): the average cost of an interlibrary loan
- Museum passes:
the average cost of museum admission in Southeast