1) Enjoyment of Books - developing an interest in books and words.
2) Word Knowledge - knowing the names of things.
3) Sound Combinations/ Sound Awareness - the ability to hear and use the smaller sounds in words.
4) Print Awareness - learning that we read from left to right and top to bottom in the English language.
5) Verbal Skills - the child’s ability to understand and tell stories.
6) Letter Knowledge - that letters look different and have different names and sounds.
Home | About Us | Using the Library | We Recommend | Research & Homework | What's Happening | Get Involved | Local Interest
|(586) 226-5000 | email@example.com | www.cmpl.org|